- The average median valuation of a dwelling in the North West OA is £114,000 in October 2013 (Calnea). This valuation is unchanged from the previous year.
- Housing transactions totalled 74,828 in the North West over the twelve months to September 2013. This was a 5% increase from the previous year.
- Average median private rents were £495 per month in the North West SSR. This is the same rental amount as the previous year.
- The number of households facing mortgage possession action in court is 2,428 in Q1 2013. This is a decreased of 11.9% compared to this quarter in the previous year.
- House building starts were 3,620 starts in Q3 2013 in the North West OA, which is a 19.5% increase compared to this quarter in the previous year.
- The HCA official statistics for 1 April – 30 September 2013 show 1,385 housing completions and 2,204 starts across the North West. This is a decrease of 23.9% and an increase of 150.2%, respectively, compared to this period in the previous year. There were also 704 Help to Buy completions.
- Households accepted as homeless totalled 898 in Q3 2013 in the North West. This is a 13% decrease compared to this quarter in the previous year.
Friday, 31 January 2014
HCA Housing Market Reports
The HCA has published it's latest reports on regional reports.
Some interesting headlines as far as the North West is concerned: